Tatung Rice Cooker Reviews - Cooking Made Easy
Tatung - TAC-11KN(UL) Stainless-Steel Rice Cooker
If you have finally made the decision to purchase a rice cooker, I would suggest you give on of the Tatung Rice Cookers a try. Our Top Pick is the 11 Cup Multi-functional rice cooker TACA-11KN(ul) model. This cooker will furnish you with 22 cups of perfectly cooked rice. That would be enough for your growing family or you can use it to furnish rice to compliment a dish you are taking to a family gathering.
- 11 cups uncooked, 22 cups cooked
- Induction heating and keep warm feature
- 4 cooking modes. (browning, steaming, rice and stew mode)
- Stainless steel inside and outside
- Includes steam plate, spatula, measuring cup
- Great for Large families!
Tatung Rice Cooker Process
If you are always looking for “easy”, your Tatung Rice Cooker is the answer. I find it a quicker process to rinse my rice and let it set while I get the cooker out and ready to go. This way I can let the rise set a bit before cooking.
Next, plug in your Tatung Stainless Steel rice cooker, put the rice in the inner pot, add the water, put the right amount of water in the outer pot, put on the lid, turn the cooker on and go about preparing the rest of your meal. The cooker will turn from its cooking cycle to the keep warm cycle when the rice is done. Read our review guide on how to use a rice cooker here.
I like to stir the rice around a bit when it is done and then put the lid back on to let the rice stew some more. I hope you have noticed the little metal attachment on the side where the handle is. This allows you to place your hot lid out of the way for safety reasons and easier clean up also.
If you are cooking brown rice, check it when the cook cycle is done. Brown rice can take more time than white rice to cook, you may have to adjust your amount of raw rice to the amount of water used. Don’t worry, you’ll catch on in just a few uses.
For your convenience, you can lift the inner pot out and use it as a serving pot or just take the rice out with the provided rice spatula and put it in a bowl. Either way, you have just made countless servings of beautiful, white, fluffy, rice.
For those of you who want to know just how it works, let me explain. The rice is cooked by indirect heat. The steam that comes out of the main pot flows up, around and through the rice leaving it light and fluffy. The steam helps trap the nutrients in the rice which is a healthier alternative for the consumer.
Best Tatung Ricking Cooker Model Reviews
Tatung 11 Cup Multi-Functional Stainless-Steel Rice Cooker
When looking at the Tatung Tac 11 cup rice cooker, you will notice that it can be used for more than just cooking rice. The four modes are: browning, steaming, rice cooking and stew mode. The “keep warm “feature, works on all four modes so you can cook your meal and keep it warm until you are ready to serve. The best metal used in making rice cookers is stainless steel and all parts of this cooker are made of stainless steel, except for the handles, lid knob and legs.
This rice cooker is truly an easy to us one step cooker that makes up to 22 cups of cooked rice, enough to feed your entire family for more than one meal. The product is also easy to clean and store which saves the chef valuable time. The indirect heating technology steams and heats the entire pot which makes for even heating and results in delicious meals.
- Yields 22 cups of perfectly cooked rice
- Uses Indirect heating technology
- Equipped with a Keep Warm Feature
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- Has four cook modes
- Will service a large-sized family
- Includes steam plate, inner pot, lid, rice spatula, and measuring cup
- Multi-functional product
- Preserves the taste and texture of foods
- Uniformity of cooking is due to the indirect heating method
- Clean up is quick and easy
- Retains its outer luster for years
- Not a good product for a small family or single person
- A bit pricey for one person to use
Tatung – TAC-6G (SF) – 6 Cup - White
The Tatung TAC6G (SF) model is perfect for the medium-sized family or a busy single person that likes to make enough rice to reheat for future meals. This easy to use one step rice cooker is compact and will fit on your counter nicely without taking up a lot of space. If you are a soup person, you can make your own special recipe in the rice cooker or maybe you are a lover of steamed vegetables. This is such a versatile product; you won’t need a lot of other cookware.
Tatung rice cookers have an outer and inner pot that makes the steaming process easy and in return you have deliciously soft, fluffy, steamed rice. Whether you desire hot fluffy rice, lightly fried foods, a great stew, or steamed foods, this Tatung rice cooker can double as a crock pot and would be the perfect match for you and your family. When we talk about a cup as a measurement, use the cup provided with your rice cooker as it is different than a USA 8oz. measuring cup.
- Inner pot is made of food grade 304 stainless steel
- Keep warm, on/off switch
- Four modes of cooking possibilities
- Includes steam plate, inner pot, lid, spatula, measuring cup
- Retains its outer luster finish
- Perfect for a small family
- Cooks 6 cups of uncooked rice, (yields 12 cups of cooked rice)
- Multi-functional product
- Easy one step operation
- Clean up is a breeze
- Even weight distribution for safety
- Weighs 6.7 pounds
- Measures 10.8x10.8x10.9 inches
- Not practical for a large family
- No timer for the keep warm feature
- Seems a bit pricey
- Not dishwasher safe
Tatung – TAC-10G (SF) – 10 Cup - White
This model of a Tatung rice cooker is going to be the perfect fit for a medium to large family as it yields 20 cups of cooked rice in one session. Tatung has been in business since the early 1900 so they have perfected the manufacturing of ageless rice cookers that last for years. The company does offer a warranty on their products which is a definite plus. The one step cooking process with its steaming abilities will give you fluffy, soft, delicious rice in less than an hour, just follow the included instructions that comes with your product.
For those of us that eat a lot of rice, this attractive unit can sit on your countertop constantly and never look out of place. The outer pot is white aluminum that will fit in with any décor. The inner pot is made of food grade stainless steel, an excellent choice for cooking rice evenly. Put water in the outer pot, follow directions for the correct amounts of water and rice for the inner pot, turn the unit on. THAT’S IT, When the rice is done cooking, the warmer will activate and keep the rice warm for 6-8 hours
- Yields 20 cups of fluffy cooked rice
- Product weighs 10.2 pounds
- Includes outer unit, inner pot, steam tray, spatula, measuring cup and a removable spatula holder.
- Removable inner pot for easy clean up
- Cooks a variety of rice
- Can be used as a crock pot
- Use to boil or steam veggies
- Ideal product for a medium to large family
- Multi-functional product
- Keeps food warm for 8 hours
- Dimensions are 12.3x12.3x11.7 inches
- Finish is white aluminum
- Turn on warmer at any time during cooking process
- Stainless steel inner pot for cooking perfect rice.
- Not the best model for a single person
- Can require more storage space than smaller cookers
- Can’t use USA cup measuring amounts
20-Cup Multifunction Indirect Heat Rice Cooker
This model of the Tatung rice cooker is for the large family and could even be used in a small business setting. It will yield you 40 cups of cooked rice, and that is a lot of rice! Of course, with the “keep warm” feature on this rice cooker you can keep the rice warm from 6 to 8 hours. This unit is made of aluminum, is white in color with an inner pot made of food grade 304 stainless steel which is a supreme material for cooking rice.
The rice is cooked through indirect heat which is done by having water surround the inner pot while the water and rice in the inner pot cook. This produces steam that helps to create cooked rice that is light and fluffy. With the easy to follow directions you will create perfect rice with every use of the rice cooker and being successful every time, you will use it often.
- Yields 40 cups of perfect rice
- Multi-functional product
- Can prepare all varieties of rice
- Stainless steel inner pot is removable for easy clean up.
- Has a “keep warm” feature
- Designed for stability for safety reasons
- The indirect heat method produces fluffy, evenly cooked rice
- Can be used to steam veggies
- Attractive product, no need to hide it away
- Can cook a whole week supply of rice in one operation
- Wire located on handle that will hold the lid.
- Use to prepare soup and stews or brown meats
- Not practical for a single person
- Fairly high priced
- Comes in only one color
6-Cup Multifunction Indirect Heat Rice Cooker Steamer and Warmer
Finally, a rice cooker that is the perfect fit for one or two people! With this Tatung rice cooker, you are getting a multifunctional product that allows you to steam vegetables, cook rice, make soups and stews and brown meats without having to deal with leftovers. This is an all stainless-steel product from the exterior to the inner cooking pot and it is made of food grade 304 food grade metal. This is small enough to be very portable and is easy to store in most kitchens. The 6-cup multifunction rice cooker/steamer, like most of its sister models works by indirect heat to produce soft, fluffy rice.
You will be able to use this rice cooker to steam veggies as well as a vessel to make soup and stews for a cold winter meal. We all need some comfort food often and you will find yourself using it often. The lid can be set on a wire hook on the side handle while you stir or serve your rice which will always keep the lid clean. There is a warmer switch that you can activate after the cooking process has ended.
- Will yield around 1.5 quarts of cooked rice
- Made of food grade 304 stainless-steel
- Compact in size and easy top store
- Multifunctional product
- Works by indirect heat for fluffy rice
- Has a “keep warm” function
- Cook just enough rice so there are no leftovers
- Inner pot is easy to remove for quick cleaning
- Perfect for small families
- Can double as a crock pot
- Portable enough to carry to family dinners
- Cook your rice while preparing the rest of your meal
- Not for large family use
- Read all instructions before using
- When first using there can be a strange smell for a small amount of time, but this is normal.
3-Cup Multifunction Indirect Heat Rice Cooker
For those of you that would like a little more class in your design of a rice cooker, Tatung products offers you a sweet little 3-cup multifunction indirect heat rice cooker that also is a steamer and warmer. It is made of all stainless steel 304 food grade and is pearl and white in color and is attractive enough to set on your kitchen counter as a part of your décor. The push button design is easy to use which makes this little rice cooker a more desirable product to own. It weighs right at 6.6 pounds, so it is sturdy enough to prevent movement on the counter and comes with an insulted pad to set it on.
The accessories include a spatula, measuring cup, insulating pad, cooking pot, inner pot cover, and small and big side dish trays. You have everything you need to prepare a full meal, except the food. The cooking pot and side trays are attractive enough to double as serving dishes, so you have less clean up after your meal. This little cooker will keep your meal warm after cooking until you are ready to serve. As a single person, this is my choice for a real unique rice cooker.
- Will yield almost a quart of cooked fluffy rice
- Uses Tatung’s’ indirect heat process
- Accessories are complete for the entire operation
- Has a heat resistant handle
- Clean up is easy and quick
- Accessories can double as serving dishes
- Automatic shut off
- Indirect heat always produces fluffy rice
- You can steam veggies
- Has a warm feature that can be activated after cooking
- Very attractive product
- Best rice cooker for a single person or couple.
- You can brown meat in the inner pot and make soup
- Not practical for a large family
- A bit pricey for some people
What Can I Cook With the Tatung Rice Cooker?
That answer to that question is, A LOT! First, let’s look at how much rice it will cook. You will be able to serve up, 22 cups of fluffy white rice and that is enough for a family meal. If you have leftovers, who doesn’t like fried rice?
If you are in the mood for a simple soup, put in your broth, veggies and small bits of meat, put on the lid and hit the cook button. You can order steamer trays to go along with this unit also. That is why they say it is a multi-functional cooker.
The steamer trays can be used to steam vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, pea pods or cauliflower. Maybe you are hungry for some seafood. Put it in the steamer tray, follow the cooking instructions and it will turn out with a perfect texture.
This is a great way for your kids to warm up after school snacks. Spend a little time showing them how to use the Tatung Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and they can do it all by themselves with little to no mess for you to clean up.
Cleaning Tatung Rice Cooker
The best way to clean up your rice cooker is very simple. Since it an electrical appliance, never immerse the base unit in water. Take a wet cloth with a tiny bit of detergent on it and wipe down the outside of the unit and then dry with a clean cloth.
The rest of the product can be immersed in water but it shouldn’t be necessary to scrub with anything abrasive. It’s always a good practice to wipe the cord off also.
Make sure all the parts are dry before storing away. It is an attractive appliance, so just leave it on the kitchen counter. Once you learn all of its’ uses, you will want it in a handy place.
If you would like to read other options check out our guide: Best Rice Cookers.
Tatung Rice Cooker Conclusion
Having a multi-functional rice cooker is not only going to give you perfect rice every time, it will save you time and money. There is no need to purchase a stewing pot for soup or special steamer for vegetable and seafood, and no need to stand over the stove so the rice doesn't burn when you're not looking.
Hopefully, after reading this Tatung rice cooker review you have decided that owning one is your next step in having a fully equipped kitchen.